[lug] /etc backup and unionfs(?)

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Fri Jun 8 17:08:06 MDT 2007

On Fri, Jun 08, 2007 at 09:04:48AM -0600, Bear Giles wrote:
>Live CDs are now able to run off a root image on the cd media.  It looks
>like there's a unionfs that allows a ramdisk to overlay the read-only disk.

You want to look at what they're doing with the OLPC.  Particular, Mike
Fletcher out of Canada has been writing on his blog about things he's
thinking about in this space in relation to the OLPC:

   http://blog.vrplumber.com/

Next Tuesday in Fort Collins at NCLUG there will be a presentation on the
OLPC.  Not sure how much of this they will cover, but it may be worth
attending if you're really interested.

Despite what some people think of the OLPC project, it's probably the
single largest concentration of innovation going on in hardware and
software right now.

Sean
--
 The most important thing in communication is to hear what isn't being said.
                 -- Peter Drucker