[lug] server spec

karl horlen horlenkarl at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 8 20:38:31 MDT 2007

> We've had good luck with both Kingston and Crucial,
> but ordering from
> Crucial's site is so easy, and their RAM so good, I
> prefer to go that way.
>
> And, they charge so little for shipping, even if I'm
> buying components
> someplace else, it's not worth the chance of buying
> the wrong RAM, to order
> anyplace else.

Now you sound like vp of sales ;-)..

Actually, i'm glad you all posted your rave reviews
and insights on crucial.

Buying ram can be a real pain in the [..].  Especially
for older systems that are still functioning well.  If
you folks think they're the sh!t, then i won't waste
my time shopping all over kingdom come next go round.
I always thought their prices were a *lot* higher (but
that's more based on heresay then fact).  If i can
find what i need QUIKCLY and KNOW THAT IT'S ACTUALLY
GONNA WORK WHEN I INSTALL THE BLOODY THING.. even if
it is a little bit more expensive... it's worth it.

thanks for those that shared your love for crucial (i
bet they're glad you did too!)