[lug] server spec

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Sat Jun 9 21:54:11 MDT 2007

On Sat, Jun 09, 2007 at 04:02:25PM -0700, karl horlen wrote:
>what do you need to know specifically that i haven't
>already given you in earlier posts?  that way i can
>cut down the replies.

More information than it's worth collecting and analyzing for, as you say,
a "low traffic application".  If you really want to do a thorough capacity
projection for this application, plan to spend at least a day on it.  It's
a lot more than I'm looking to do on a Saturday night in my spare time.
;-/

Personally, I feel it's overkill for how you described the expected load of
the system.  You can pretty much spend as much time as you've got analyzing
your capacity needs.  But, with a hardware budget of $1200, you probably
shouldn't.  :-)

Sean
--
 "Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo."
                 -- H. G. Wells