[lug] grep question

Chip Atkinson chip at pupman.com
Mon Jun 11 07:16:28 MDT 2007

Well, it's SuSE enterprise linux, so that is probalby "weird" but

chip at chip1:~> ls -l /usr/bin/grep
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root 9 2005-08-29 11:28 /usr/bin/grep -> /bin/grep*
chip at chip1:~> file /bin/grep
/bin/grep: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, AMD x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), for
GNU/Linux 2.4.1, dynamically linked (uses shared libs), not stripped