[lug] grep question

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Mon Jun 11 12:45:24 MDT 2007

On Jun 11, 2007, at 7:08 AM, Jeffrey Haemer wrote:

> Okay, now I have time.  Here's a little more background, in five,
> easy steps.

That was a nice summary, Jeffrey.  Thanks.

I recently had a system refuse to start postgres (it was a Sun box)
because postgres had been *built* on a machine that was using en_US
coding, but the server was loaded with another country's default
language set.

PG gives some very odd (but you could guess what it was whining about
was Internationalization) errors when you try to start it without the
proper language support loaded on the machine.

It says something for how folks should build their packages, but I'm
not a developer, and too tired today to figure out exactly what it
says... heh.

--
Nate Duehr
nate at natetech.com