[lug] grep question

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 20:56:59 MDT 2007

On 6/10/07, Jeffrey Haemer <jeffrey.haemer at gmail.com> wrote:
> export LANG=C
>
> will cure this problem.

OK, read your explanation (LANG=C), but I have LANG=en_US.UTF-8, and I
don't have the problem. I find it hard to believe that any distro
would have a LANG= setting that would include lower case characters in
the range A-Z. Even in unadulterated EBCDIC, abcde, etc. would not be
a subset of A-Z.

OTOH, a distro with /usr/bin/grep is already quite non-standard.

--
Collins Richey