[lug] server spec

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Tue Jun 12 23:15:32 MDT 2007

On Mon, Jun 11, 2007 at 12:07:46PM -0600, Nate Duehr wrote:
>Personal anecdote, I've had at least two Kingston 1GB sticks fail in
>odd ways, and they were always great about replacement (you pay

I don't know what the sample size you're taking the two from, but I've had
on the order of 40 Kingston sticks and the only problems I've had were the
two sets we got for a particular system that were just not compatible.
Despite the vendor recommending Kingston.

Of course, despite having had very good experience with the RAM we use, we
still stress test the machines before putting them into production.

Sean
--
 If everything you try works, you're not trying hard enough.
                 -- Gordon Moore