[lug] intrusion

steve at badcheese.com steve at badcheese.com
Wed Jun 13 13:54:54 MDT 2007

If you suspect an intrusion at all:

* Unplug network cable
* boot with known good media (knoppix cd or other)
* run ckrootkit

If no rootkits are found, do a security audit (don't trust anything).
Re-evaluate the iptables rules.
Upgrade the OS/kernel.

If a rootkit is found, reinstall.  Sorry.

- Steve

--
EMAIL: (h) steve at badcheese.com  WEB: http://badcheese.com/~steve