[lug] help needed with LVM situation

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Wed Jun 13 17:56:22 MDT 2007

Lee Woodworth wrote:

> I wouldn't physically install a second LVM physical volume (PV) unless
> you know the volume groups (VG) in the existing PVs and the other drive
> don't have the same volume group names. It might not be fatal, but LVM
> is unlikely to successfully start a duplicate VG.

Yeah, we already know the VG's are all named the same.  The joys of
default installer settings.  (The installers would be better off to name
them something like [hostname]_vg00 instead of just vg00 in the
defaults.  Oh well.)

I like the Knoppix idea.  I didn't even thing of a live-CD distro at 1AM
last night.

Nate