[lug] help needed with LVM situation

D. Stimits stimits at comcast.net
Wed Jun 13 19:42:55 MDT 2007

> So I'm appealing to the LVM gurus here... any thoughts?

If you've put the disk physically onto one machine, I suspect that you
could get away with mounting with conflicting volume group names if you
were to create a chroot directory to do this under. Not sure what all
would have to be in the chroot environment, but should it fail, it won't
have any effect on the existing system. It should be safe to experiment
on. If you are successful at mounting it while chroot, you can copy it
to a non-problematic-non-lvm directory (your chroot location can contain
a directory for that purpose which is accessible in either environment).

D. Stimits, stimits AT comcast DOT net