[lug] URGET: Neet Help with Remote Backup Configuration

Bear Giles bgiles at coyotesong.com
Sat Jun 23 16:31:28 MDT 2007

fred.robinson at sipfusion.com wrote:
> I've been working with RAID1 configuration for a couple of weeks.
> I've got RAID1 working but I also need to configure a backup routine
> to backup several files and directories to a remote system.
RAID1 is simple mirroring, right?

A good starting point is scripts running rdiff-backup.  Each script
would say which files to save (and where to save them), and the cron
entry would say how often they should be run.

IIRC this runs over an ssh channel.

I don't know any cron watchdogs, but I'm sure some exist.