[lug] Network interconnection question....

John Hernandez jph at jph.net
Thu Jun 28 10:44:25 MDT 2007

If the goal is to make the emulator reachable on 205.250.10.5, I think you
can achieve that by bridging eth0 and tun0, then assigning the
205.250.10.5IP to the IBM s390 emulator.  You probably won't need the
10.x addresses to accomplish this.  You might also need to move your
205.250.10.4 IP to the new br0 interface, rather than assigning it to eth0,
but I'm not sure about that.

brctl addif br0 eth0
brctl addif br0 tun0
ifconfig br0 up