[lug] No space bar in MySQL prompt

stimits at comcast.net stimits at comcast.net
Tue Jul 10 21:59:52 MDT 2007

> Yet, the MySQL CLI interprets a space bar press as an error.  I don't
> have any keyboard input problems in any other situations, and I use
> this computer all day long.

Are you running this under an X11 terminal? A console with non-X11? If X11 terminal, is it xterm, gterm, konsole, etc? In X11 the terminals themselves and X11 can intercept some key events, or filter in strange ways. If not run under text console, give that a try just to find out if the problem goes away. If not, then it is a system issue...if so, then it is an X11 related issue.

D. Stimits, stimits AT comcast DOT net