[lug] Installfest, 1 week, be there!

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Sat Jul 14 17:29:08 MDT 2007

One week until installfest.  I've heard of a couple of interesting
things to work on so if you don't need help installing plan to come out
and help someone else.  Thanks to Jeffrey Haemer for the plug at BLUG.

If I have time I'll go up beforehand and make sure the wifi works.  I
think it does but my box was being stupid (network manager has been
updated since then and a) broke, and b) got fixed better than before).

I'm starting to update my distros to bring (all x86):

Fedora 7
OpenSUSE 10.2
Debian testing (lenny)
kubuntu & ubuntu (6.06.1 & 7.04, alternate CDs)
smoothwall 2.0 sp1
Knoppix 5.1.1

If you want something else, say so.  If you want AMD64 or some other
architecture, consider bringing your own CDs.  But let me know that too.

Fedora seems to be only a DVD now.  I'll have a burner but no blanks so
bring some of those if you need it.

Anyone know what EPEL is?  Versions 4 and 5 are on the download page
with Fedora but I don't know if we want them.

Dave