[lug] Installfest, 1 week, be there!

Andrew GIlmore agilmore at wirelessbeehive.com
Mon Jul 16 08:33:13 MDT 2007

On Sat, 2007-07-14 at 17:29 -0600, David L. Anselmi wrote:

> Fedora seems to be only a DVD now.  I'll have a burner but no blanks so
> bring some of those if you need it.

There are live CDs with an option to install to the hard drive. GNOME
and KDE versions are separate.

> Anyone know what EPEL is?  Versions 4 and 5 are on the download page
> with Fedora but I don't know if we want them.

Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux. Like the Fedora Extras repository
for Fedora Core before the merge, but for RHEL, Centos, and other RH
binary compatible distributions. Unsupported by RH, but useful if you
need them. Things like PHP 5 for RHEL4, which has PHP4 only.

You probably don't want it, unless you're doing RHEL or Centos installs.

Andrew