[lug] Installfest, 1 week, be there!: Mondo Rescue, Anyone?

siegfried siegfried at heintze.com
Tue Jul 17 18:01:59 MDT 2007

Hmmm... does anybody have experience using Mondo Rescue? I tried a year ago
or more and could not boot the distribution disk.

Might there be someone at the install fest that can help me with learning
how to use Mondo rescue to create a bootable DVD from which I can restore a
multi (windows/linux) boot machine?

Now what about windows only machines? As I recall, mondo rescue had to be
installed on a linux system. Can one install linux on a 1GB flash stick,
boot from the flash stick, install mondo on the flash stick and use mondo
rescue to backup/restore an otherwise windows only machine?

Has anyone made writable linux boot flash sticks? I'm told it can be done.
Will there be anyone at the install fest that can help me do this? Unlike a
live DVD or live CD, I want to install stuff on it like mondo rescue.

Siegfried