[lug] Help with different methods of upgrade

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Tue Jul 17 20:32:41 MDT 2007

On Mon, Jul 16, 2007 at 06:05:12PM -0400, gordongoldin at aim.com wrote:
>Went to upgrade. Booted from FC5 CD1, "linux askmethod", "disk drive"
>? Gave it /dev/hda6 and /home/ISO/FC_6_CD.

You cannot use the FC5 installer to upgrade to FC6.  The error you are
seeing is because it's looking for the FC5 CD images.  To upgrade to FC6,
you need to boot the FC6 installer.  The easiest way is probably to burn at
least the first disc of FC6 to a CD, though other mechanisms are possible.

However, as was mentioned, you probably should be going to F7 or CentOS 5
anyway.  If you really need FC6 versions of packages, CentOS 5 is the
"Enterprise" release of the software selection known as FC6.

Sean
--
 Obtuse: Not pointed or acute. Exceeding 90 degrees but less than 180 degrees.
 OOOooh!  Rounded at the free end.  Dull...  Hey!  That's an insult!  -- WKRP