[lug] Fwd: FW: VoIP SYSTEMS ENGINEER - Boulder, CO

Jeffrey Haemer jhaemer at azteknetworks.net
Wed Jul 18 15:15:28 MDT 2007

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Debi Chernak <DChernak at azteknetworks.net>
Date: Jul 18, 2007 3:08 PM
Subject: FW: VoIP SYSTEMS ENGINEER - Boulder, CO
To: Jeffrey Haemer <JHaemer at azteknetworks.net>

 Hi, Jeff –

Thanks for posting this to the Boulder Area Linux Users Group!

*Debi Chernak***

Director of Human Resources

2477 55th Street, Suite 202

Boulder, CO  80301

tel   303.415.6121

cell  303.304.1403

fax  303.786.9190

email  dchernak at azteknetworks.net

* *

* *

* *

*Subject:* VoIP SYSTEMS ENGINEER - Boulder, CO

*Aztek Networks is currently seeking qualified candidates to join our
stellar team as a VOIP SYSTEMS ENGINEER.*

* *

*Please visit our website at www.azteknetworks.net for more information
about our company and our emergency stand-alone telecom access network
products. *

*Thank you for submitting your resume to careers at azteknetworks.net.
**
REPORTS TO:* Vice President of Engineering

*JOB DESCRIPTION:
*• Analyze new product opportunities for feasibility, approach, effort,
cost, etc.
• Develop technical requirements consistent with market requirements and
standards
• Guide major system architectural decisions
• Assist in creating architecture and use case documents
• Ensure coherency and consistency among system components
• Evaluate alternative technologies
• Interface with Marketing, customers and consultants
• Participate in reviews of requirements, architecture, design, coding and
test plans
• Estimate project development efforts
• Assist project leads with project schedules and milestone tracking
• Anticipate and mitigate risks, bottlenecks and problems

*REQUIREMENTS:*
*Education -*
• BS or MS in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering (required)
*Experience -*
• In-depth knowledge of SIP and Megaco protocol standards (required)
• Telecom real-time embedded systems and software architectures (required)
• 2+ years systems engineering experience (required)
• 3+ years VoIP experience (preferred)
• OO analysis and design (preferred)
• Open source and Linux experience (a plus)
• GR-303 and V5 protocols (a plus)
*Skills & Attributes -
*• Detail oriented
• Ability to work effectively in a small team of engineers
• Ability to react quickly and adapt to changes in priorities,
circumstances, and direction
• Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with colleagues
and customers
• Ability to communicate effectively with others, including proficiency in
written and verbal communications, and strong listening skills
• Self-starter with ability to exercise judgment, perform assigned tasks,
and meet schedules with minimum supervision

***************************************

AZTEK NETWORKS (formerly Aztek Engineering) is an innovative and dynamic
company with an entrepreneurial spirit and a dedication to our employees'
career growth. We are a privately held company that has been in business
since 1982 and is presently engaged in the aggressive development and
rollout of a new family of telecom access products that includes the 5000GS
Remote Switch Gateway with patent-protected True ESATM emergency stand-alone
switching capabilities.

Aztek strives to provide a haven for excellence – an atmosphere that
encourages our employees and our customers to succeed. Aztek's casual and
friendly environment provides you with the opportunity to achieve your
highest level of professional performance. We empower our staff and
encourage growth and exploration of new technology. Here at Aztek, we listen
to your ideas and welcome input to make improvements. We share an adaptable
and casual work environment with a staff of highly talented professionals
who embrace initiative and creativity. At Aztek, you enjoy a real sense of
contribution to the success of the team and have an opportunity to
participate in corporate management. To ensure the well being of our staff,
we support a balance between personal life and careers. We offer a
competitive compensation package designed to reward the finest talent.

*Aztek offers a flexible benefits package for full-time employees that
includes:
*• Starting Vacation of 3 Weeks Per Year
• Personal Leave of 6 Days Per Year
• 10 Paid Holidays
• Company-Paid LTD Insurance
• Company-Paid Life and AD&D Insurance
• Monthly Benefit Supplement
• Company-Paid Life and AD&D Insurance Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Section 125 Plan with Flexible Spending Accounts & Dependent Care Accounts

• Stock Options
• 401(k) Retirement Plan
• Employee Assistance Plan
• Supplemental Insurance (including short-term disability, critical illness,
pet, legal and much more)

*Here are some of the reasons that employees like working here. . .
*• Our culture and values: Ethics – Commitment – Self Development – Self
Management – Teamwork – Flexibility – Quality & Continuous Improvement
• Collaborative team environment
• Lack of bureaucracy
• Cross-training and sharing of knowledge
• Entrepreneurial spirit
• Self-expression and creativity are encouraged
• Impromptu team building lunches
• Flex time
• Support of employees' physical well being
• Pleasant facilities with a homey kitchen
• Enabling technology
• Recognition for a job well done
• Interactive staff meetings that solicit input and feedback on corporate
decisions
• 360 degree developmental peer reviews
• Support of our families and outside interests
• Support for the community
• Great people: friendly, high energy, competent, respectful, dedicated and
supportive
• Casual environment
• Proximity to bike paths, great views of the Flatirons, and on-premises
showers and lockers
• International reputation for quality and service

*What some team members have to add. . .
*
"I joined Aztek because of the value they place on employees. Lots of
companies say they value employees, but Aztek is the first company I've seen
that works constantly to ensure that employees' interests are considered in
every business decision." (John)

"I'm challenged with diversified work. . . encouraged to contribute. . .
many opportunities to continue to learn. . ." (Bernice)

". . . surrounded by talented, motivated, honest people who make coming to
work everyday lots of fun. . ." (Carl)

"I have been with Aztek for a long time and the company has grown
considerably. The great thing about it is that the teamwork along with
company devotion to the employees has remained a very important part of the
culture." (Dave)

"Aztek is the only place, in my career, where the company's owners/founders
are our peers and are fully committed to the business and the employees.
They listen as much or more than they talk." (Ron)

--
Jeffrey Haemer <jeffrey.haemer at gmail.com>
720-837-8908 [cell]