[lug] How to recover after installing Broken Grub?

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Thu Jul 19 21:47:02 MDT 2007

On Thu, Jul 19, 2007 at 05:37:12PM -0600, dio2002 at indra.com wrote:
>would this work on RHEL or just debian based distros?

On RHEL and Fedora, you do this by booting the install media, and at the
first prompt type "linux rescue" instead of just hitting <Enter>.  Then,
answer the questions, I believe it asks "Do you want to start networking?"
(Well, do 'ya, punk?) and "Do you want to mount your existing system?"

If you say "yes" to the mounting part, you will get instructions to "chroot
/mnt/sysimage" if you want to get in there.

Thanks,
Sean
--
 I live my life like I type; Fast with lots of mistakes.
      Back off man. I'm a scientist.   http://HackingSociety.org/