[lug] Convert swap from raid0 to raid1

dio2002 at indra.com dio2002 at indra.com
Wed Jul 25 22:10:51 MDT 2007

On a recently installed system, I accidentally created a raid 0 for my
swap when i really wanted to make it raid 1.

I'm trying to figure out the best way to convert it back to raid 1 mirror.
 I don't think it's possible to do this while my system is up and running
without destroying something since it depends on swap.

If i boot into rescue mode, i need to mount root which sits on lvm on top
of raid1.  not sure if that's going to happen automagically or if i'm
going to have to spin some manual magic.  and then i'm going to have to
change the config.  most of the examples i've seen do this via the command
line but don't actually create a config file.  so i'm a little confused.
that's the drawback to the install, it automates it for you but when you
need to manually configure things, you scramble.

i'm searching for answers as we speak.  but if anybody can offer a few
steps or caveats to look out for while doing this that'd be great.

fwiw, i'm glad this is happening now.  it'll be a good exercise for future
hairraisers.