[lug] OT: Comcast

dio2002 at indra.com dio2002 at indra.com
Thu Jul 26 14:50:40 MDT 2007

> It's all the logging for the FBI.  Gotta keep track of every domain every
> customer looks up.

laugh but it just might be true :-)...

sidenote: as scandalous as qwest and it's former ceo were, the ONE thing
they DID do right was to deny the feds access to their phone lines when a
lot of the other big telcos caved in like wimps with little pushback or
even asking any questions.

fwiw, i do use qwest with a separate ISP. my speeds / uptime have been
pretty solid for probably 5 years.  i have opened up ports to home
computer in the past no problem.  I haven't needed that for a year though.
 i think my isp might monitor uplink bandwidth and force you to rent
hosting with them if they see you abusing it.

my beef is more with the electric co then my telco/cable/isp.  we must
have hokey power lines because when the wind really blows (and you know it
can here in colorado), i cross my fingers because i've lost power a couple
of times this last year for 5-6 hours clips.  and every time i was working
on my idiot box.