[lug] Compact Flash reader on FC5

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Sun Jul 29 15:16:56 MDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-07-26 at 12:42 -0400, Ed Hill wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Jul 2007 09:54:08 -0600 "Michael J. Hammel" wrote:
> >
> > Anyone have any tips or pointers to info on how to get a CF reader to
> > work under FC5?
>
> On my laptops, I use a USB CF reader and I mount (as root) the CF card
> manually.  I have this entry in /etc/fstab:
>
>   /dev/sdb1   /mnt/usb_drive    vfat   defaults     0 0
>
> and a directory exists with the name:
>
>   /mnt/usb_drive

Just to follow up:

Turned out to be a bit tougher than that due to the fact that the
hardware was not well supported in the 2.6.20 kernel.  I've posted my
process, for anyone else who happens to have a similar TI FlashMedia
Controller:
http://www.graphics-muse.org/wp/?p=171

--
Michael J. Hammel                               Ximba End User Software
mjhammel at graphics-muse.org                      http://www.ximba.org