[lug] Firewall / Lockdown questions

dio2002 at indra.com dio2002 at indra.com
Tue Jul 31 19:04:36 MDT 2007

Found another open port on my box from a remote box

PORT    STATE    SERVICE
623/tcp filtered unknown
664/tcp filtered unknown

 # grep 623 /etc/services
asf-rmcp        623/tcp                         # ASF Remote Management
and Control Protocol
asf-rmcp        623/udp                         # ASF Remote Management
and Control Protocol

I DO have an IPMI card in the box but it is not configured and doesn't
even have a cable plugged into it.  I see no services related to this in
chkconfig.  anybody have an idea about this?  since i have NOT allocated
an ip address to it in any config utility, i'm kind of curious why it's
even showing up.  i DO know that by default IPMI can only be set on the
LAN port 1 though which is my active eth0?

Not really expecting an answer but thought i'd ask.