[lug] org net redirect or modrewrite to com

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Wed Aug 1 13:33:29 MDT 2007

On Wed, Aug 01, 2007 at 09:57:58AM -0600, Ted Logan wrote:
>ServerAlias rule inside your VirtualHost. If you use this rule,
>http://www.blah.com/random.html, http://www.blah.org/random.html, and
>http://www.blah.net/random.html all point to the exact same file.

The problem here is that google may then start detecting each as different
sites, causing links to count towards the page ranks of the different
sites, etc.  I recommend using a permanent redirect, which google will see
and treat like a single site.

>        Redirect / http://www.blah.com

I always do:

   Redirect /(.*) http://www.blah.com/$1

so that the same URL on the other virtual sites just redirects to the same
page on the real site.

Thanks,
Sean
--
 Why would I want to be a Doctor, when I could be a MASTER?
      Back off man. I'm a scientist.   http://HackingSociety.org/