[lug] mysqldump versus snapshot versus..

Jason Vallery jason at vallery.net
Wed Aug 1 18:17:52 MDT 2007

Hey Bobby,

I just saw this thread.  I thought I would point out the script I use
for mysql backups.  it is fantastic!

http://sourceforge.net/projects/automysqlbackup/

It uses the mysqldump method, but it works really well at automating
it and rotating out your backups.  I use this combined with Amazon S3
and another set of scripts to setup offsite backups.

-J