[lug] How to select video mode for dapper drake installation?

D. Stimits stimits at comcast.net
Sat Aug 4 20:47:04 MDT 2007

> For 1280x800 to work, several things must happen. First, your video
> card must support that resolution at the requested color depth and

I forgot to mention, windows might call the color mode 32 bit, this is
the same as linux 24 bit or 32 bit. Some of the specifications refer
only to the RGB depth, at 8 bits per channel, while others also include
the alpha channel (transparency, 8 bits, which is in addition to the RGB
channels). My system is set to 24 bit, but is 32 bit if you consider
alpha channel. Some drivers will say 32 bit, and be exactly the same as
one specifying 24 bit. If windows says you're in 32 bit mode, try 24 bit.

D. Stimits, stimits AT comcast DOT net