[lug] fsck question

karl horlen horlenkarl at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 7 18:08:18 MDT 2007

I just boot my system to find that one of my /usr LV
failed a file system check.  I ran fsck on it and it
reported that it fixed:

inode 1311957 was part of the orphaned inode list

I guess it's sort of comforting that was all it found
wrong.

How do i figure out which file was affected by the
fix.  I'm thinking it may have been damaged?

I can't recall when the last time i had an fsck error
was. It's been so long I can't recall one.  Is this an
isolated incident or something to be concerned about?