[lug] Mapping a keyboard key to a mouse button

Ben Burdette bburdette at comcast.net
Tue Aug 7 19:41:41 MDT 2007

Does anyone know of a way to do map a keyboard key to a mouse button?
On windows I've gotten used to using a keyboard key instead of the
trackball button, because the trackball button feels awkward.  To me its
more ergonomic to do all the trackball motion with one hand and the
clicking with the other.  I've explored a few different options in
ubuntu, but I haven't found anything that obviously has this feature.