[lug] PDF Spam

Zan Lynx zlynx at acm.org
Wed Aug 8 11:38:18 MDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-08-08 at 11:26 -0600, George Sexton wrote:
> Does anyone know of some "Responsible" black hole lists.
>
> The latest bout of PDF spam is killing my bayesian filter and I'd like
> to supplement it. At the same time, I know that some black hole lists
> are pretty abusive and non-responsive to the genuinely innocent.
>
> Is there such a thing as a "responsible" black hole list?

I don't know any specifically.  They're all run by people, you know. :)

But for PDF spam, what people are doing is "printing" it to a bitmap,
then running OCR on the bitmap, just like handling image spam.

Ten yars ago, I bet you never thought you'd need 3 GHz quad-core systems
to handle email.  *grin*
--
Zan Lynx <zlynx at acm.org>