[lug] SAS controllers and SCSI drives

steve at badcheese.com steve at badcheese.com
Fri Aug 10 09:18:07 MDT 2007

We just got a test machine from DELL (PE2950) that has a newer LSI (PERC
5/i) controller and 8 SAS SCSI drives.  I was unable to get any distro
except for FC7 to talk to the newer LSI controller out of the box.

FYI: The machine's HD I/O is super, hyper, mega fast w/ RAID-10.  :)

- Steve

EMAIL: (h) steve at badcheese.com  WEB: http://badcheese.com/~steve