[lug] SAS controllers and SCSI drives

William Petty williamkpetty at comcast.net
Sat Aug 11 11:59:59 MDT 2007

Sorry you will need two controllers.  SAS is to parallel SCSI as SATA
is to parallel ATA.
So far I do not know of a controller that supports both on the same
adapter.  If your system
already has one flavor, you only need a controller for the other.

As for the 80-pin SCA backplane, most will support Ultra 160, but
Ultra320 requires fairly
tight impedance control for solid operation.