[lug] RESPECT MICROSOFT

Calvin Dodge caldodge at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 09:53:37 MDT 2007

On 8/11/07, David Kritzberg <david.kritzberg at colorado.edu> wrote:
> Should pay respect to Microsoft by imitating their marketing
> practices, like violating antitrust law then then hiring dozens of
> lobbyists, making millions of dollars in political contributions, and

I'm no Microsoft fan (I've had a prejudice against the company ever
since my days as a budding programmer (late 70s), when I saw some of
the bugs and poor programming in the ROM of the TRS-80 model 1), but
to be fair, they mostly stayed out of the politics game (contributions
AND lobbyists) UNTIL the USDOJ lawsuit (they got into politics in
self-defense).

Calvin