[lug] ssl apache paths

dio2002 at indra.com dio2002 at indra.com
Tue Aug 14 07:33:24 MDT 2007

I'm trying to setup self-signed certificates on apache for a couple of php
sites.

does anybody know if it's possible to use apache directives to selectively
apply the ssl protection to specific paths within a given vhost versus
globally assigning it to the entire domain?  if so how?

for example, instead of having ssl protection on the entire domain
site.com, i'd like to only apply it selectively to site paths:

site.com/login/*
site.com/configure/*
site.com/dothis.php

Also, i'm getting conflicting info about whether you can use ssl certs on
MULTIPLE NAMEBASED vhosts on a single server?

I've seen info online that says you can't but then i see examples that
actually seem to do it.  If I can what do i need to do?  If i can't what
are my options?  Must i use IP based vhosting?

thanks