[lug] Postscript Printer setup

steve at badcheese.com steve at badcheese.com
Wed Aug 15 10:18:10 MDT 2007

Cups will print generic postscript, but you may need to speak "hpljxxxx"
to the printer instead of postscript depending on the printer.

I believe that before cups was big, there was a "printer magic" (or
something like that) package that had all of the setups for all kinds of
different printers for your /etc/printcap entries that used to be a huge
help.

If your /dev/lp doesn't exist, your kernel may either not support it, or
just doesn't detect the printer.

- Steve

EMAIL: (h) steve at badcheese.com  WEB: http://badcheese.com/~steve