[lug] video card recommandation for 1680x1050?

Ben bluey at iguanaworks.net
Wed Sep 5 12:31:02 MDT 2007

I used my motherboard's integrated nvidia Geforce 4 MX at 1680x1050
without any problem. Can't remember if I got nv driver to work, but
nvidia's propertary worked fine for me with basically no install hassle
(debian).

When playing video, I had some streaking on the display from noise on
the analog vga cable (and a bug with xvmc with mythtv) so I upgraded to
an agp Nvidia 6200. Didn't have to do anything to the software... just
plugged in the new card and booted the computer. With the dvi cable all
the streaking went away and xvmc worked for mythtv. It's a good card for
$45 bucks, although maybe at that price you can get the 6600 now a days.

Ben