[lug] Hacked SSH Daemon

Caleb Phillips cphillips at smallwhitecube.com
Fri Sep 7 17:06:14 MDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-09-07 at 16:17 -0600, George Sexton wrote:

> I'm guessing since the other package that has major problems with RPM -V
> is webmin that it was the entry point.

Well, there's your problem! Last I looked at webmin (admittedly, like 4
years ago) it just looked like a huge gaping security hole from one end
to the other. I promptly removed it (and I'd advise you to do the same).

s/Webmin/OpenSSH/g :)

P.S. I don't mean for this to be a flame, if there's someone out there
who thinks webmin can be made secure, I'd love to hear about it.

--
Caleb Phillips