[lug] Installing Flash on 64-bit Fedora Core 5

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Fri Sep 14 10:15:05 MDT 2007

On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 09:31:01 -0600
bthoen at gisnet.com (Bill Thoen) wrote:

> I'd like to get Flash working on my 64-bit Fedora Core 5 machine, but
> before I break something due to ignorance, I was wondering if the
> solution proposed here
> (http://www.ilfilosofo.com/blog/2006/03/21/flash-for-64-bit-fedora-core-4/)
> would work for me, or is there a better solution nowadays?

Well, first, let me point out that FC5 is not supported any longer, and
that you should upgrade to F7 (the current stable release).

There are several solutions, but not sure how many apply to FC5.

1. In F7 at least you can 'yum install firefox-32' and it will install
the 32bit firefox and let you run it. Flash should work as normal.
In older versions you may be able to 'yum install firefox.i386'

2. You should also be able to use nspluginwrapper to use flash with
your 64 bit firefox. See:
http://remi.collet.free.fr/index.php?2007/08/28/410-nspluginwrapper-09915-1
for FC6/F7 packages.
(It will be included in Fedora for F8)