[lug] Meeting tonight?

Jeffrey Haemer jeffrey.haemer at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 14:43:52 MDT 2007

> As I said near the beginning of this thread.  I did not send out the
announcement, I forgot.

I hate to take issue with someone who's apologizing, but I'm going to.

BLUG's a volunteer organization.  It's not "out there somewhere": It's us --

you, me, and the rest of the folks who show up.

A little historical perspective:

A few months ago, Chris Riddoch, who'd been doing a huge fraction of the
work,
quit.  We scrambled to pick up the pieces. Various people stepped up.
Jeremy Hinegardner said, "Someone needs to emcee the monthly meetings.  I'll
do it"Later, he said, "We could use an events calendar.  I'll do it."

Nobody picked up the I'll-send-out-notifications piece.  Personally, I
hadn't even noticed it had to be done.  Now Jeremy's apologizing for not
having taken that on, too?

Unfair.

Email notification is a great idea.  But instead of "Why didn't anybody tell
me about the meeting?" or "It was only on the web site; I can't find
anything about it in my mail archives,"  try this:  "We could use monthly
reminders.  I'll set that up!"  Ditto for anything else that you think would
could all use.

BLUG is a volunteer organization.  It's not "out there somewhere."  It's not
Jeremy.  It's us.

--
Jeffrey Haemer <jeffrey.haemer at gmail.com>
720-837-8908 [cell]