[lug] Laptop Troubles

Chris Brotherton chris at protonlab.net
Tue Sep 18 20:53:58 MDT 2007

My T41 of 3 years is starting to have trouble.  The laptop is fine when sits
still.  The trouble starts when I go and move the laptop.

When I move the laptop, the screen becomes jumbled and the machine locks up.
The problem doesn't always happen.  I can go for days at a time without issue.
I can recreate the problem if I pick up my laptop by placing the thumb of left
hand on the front left corner of the laptop and the remaining fingers on the
center of the laptop bottom.  If I lift it in this manner, the laptop slightly
flexes and the problem occurs.

Does anyone have any ideas for what could be causing this?

Thanks,
Chris.