[lug] This is great!

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Thu Sep 20 16:30:20 MDT 2007

David L. Anselmi wrote:
> Nathan Berry wrote:
>> http://goodbye-microsoft.com/
>
> Sigh.  Yet another program that only runs on Windows.  I tried it from
> Linux and couldn't get it to run at all.  Wait, maybe I need to figure
> out WINE...

What's even more interesting is that they don't say whether or not
they're defaulting this installation to a dual-boot type of setup, or if
they're just blowing away your entire machine...

If you look deeper at the screenshots, they appear to default to a
dual-boot, at least to run the installer...

They should be a little more friendly considering the URL and say, "It
won't REALLY be gone, if everything goes right."

Not sure what happens after that point.  Probably up to the Debian
installer itself, which I haven't run in quite a while.

I was going to say that no sane windows user would ever click on an
unknown .exe file from "some website" and then run it...

But then again, I know that not to be true...

It seems like "hello-linux.com" is REALLY what's going on here, not
"goodbye-microsoft.com".  ;-)  Maybe they should register that!  (GRIN)

It's a "cute" website, but as far as advocacy goes, it kinda makes Linux
folks look mean-spirited and dangerous.  Not exactly the combination
many of us would prefer to portray.

But fun for those "in the know" about what they're doing...

Nate