[lug] Semi-OT: Linux Home server specs

Adams, Scott (FGWA-CO) Scott.Adams at FGWA.com
Fri Sep 21 12:28:09 MDT 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: lug-bounces at lug.boulder.co.us
[mailto:lug-bounces at lug.boulder.co.us] On Behalf Of Zan Lynx
Sent: Friday, September 21, 2007 12:24 PM
To: Boulder (Colorado) Linux Users Group -- General Mailing List
Subject: Re: [lug] Semi-OT: Linux Home server specs

On Fri, 2007-09-21 at 12:00 -0600, Ben Whaley wrote:
> Wow, should I feel poor for not having $2k to drop on a server at my
house!?

> Priorities - I need a new iMac first.

I don't exactly have $2k to drop like pocket change either.  I was
really thinking about it though. :)

Actually, for simple server stuff you don't need a big system.  Right
now my internet gateway, firewall, Squid proxy, DHCP, and DNS is all
handled by a really old dual Pentium 166 running Fedora 6.
--
Zan Lynx <zlynx at acm.org>

I agree don't have the proxy but other wise I am running all that on my
400Mhz closet computer.