[lug] OT: Perl CGI /PHP Programming Consulting Job

George Sexton gsexton at mhsoftware.com
Wed Oct 3 14:24:57 MDT 2007

I'm looking for someone to write a Perl/CGI program for me on a
consulting basis. If you could also create a PHP implementation, that
would be good. The specs are:

CGI Program accepts a URL as an argument. Reads the URL, and returns the
data to the caller unmodified. IOW, a simple proxy.

Proxied Request should include accept-language header from caller. Proxy
should set the referrer to the same value as the source request. Proxy
must correctly handle result data in UTF-8 format.

Proxy should verify that the host name for the proxied request is in the
same domain. I.E. if the proxy URL is www.example.com, the proxied URL
must be in example.com.

Proxy should verify that one of two URL patterns is matched for the
request. If the request does not match one of two patterns, then an
intelligible error should be returned.

Optional - Quote Feature Separately

Proxy should cache the returned value and if a user configurable amount
of time has not passed, the cached value would be returned. One method
would be to use a hash of the URL as a cache file name, and check the
time-stamp of the cache file.

for PHP, associative arrays cached at the application level would be good.

If you're interested, please contact me off-list with a quote.

--
George Sexton
MH Software, Inc.