[lug] Fedora 7 w/i915GM graphics controller

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Wed Oct 3 19:36:57 MDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-10-03 at 18:35 -0400, Ed Hill wrote:
> I'm also using the intel driver w/ F7 but I've not (yet!) tried the
> external/dual display capabilities.  Like you, I'd like to get them
> working for the occasional presentation.
>
> Do you have any notes (a copy of your /etc/X11/xorg.conf file would be
> very cool) that you could share?

Sure.  See my blog post.  It has links to the config files for FC5 that
worked.
http://www.graphics-muse.org/wp/?p=177

> I'm curious and will try it on my laptop as soon as I find a few free
> moments...

Careful - the i810 driver causes segfaults with these configs and can,
at times, lock up all video.  The intel driver (newer and experimental)
doesn't do this but also doesn't work at all with these old configs.
Instead, it appears they want you to use xrandr to configure dual head.
But that doesn't really work either.  At least not how I need it to
work.

--
Michael J. Hammel                               Ximba End User Software
mjhammel at graphics-muse.org                      http://www.ximba.org