[lug] wake on lan

Rob Nagler nagler at bivio.biz
Sat Oct 6 12:16:55 MDT 2007

On 10/6/07, Hugh Brown <hugh at math.byu.edu> wrote:
> So, it seems that whether or not a system will wake up is dependent on
> how the BIOS implements wake-on-lan and implementations vary widely.  Is
> that an accurate representation of the state of things?

I've had a similar experience with Wake on RTC.  On an earlier board, wake
on RTC (via nvram-wakeup utility) worked just peachy.  On my current board,
I have to reboot and then poweroff.   The reboot saves the settings in the bios
in such a way that they will be recognized in poweroff mode.  Try the
same thing:

reboot followed by poweroff.  I bet it has nothing to do with the
actual poweroff
via the power button.

Rob