[lug] Mailman question

Hugh Brown hugh at math.byu.edu
Fri Oct 12 10:37:23 MDT 2007

On Fri, Oct 12, 2007 at 08:59:40AM -0600, Chip Atkinson wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I'm looking at mailman to manage a list that I run.  One of the biggest
> problems that I'm facing is wanting to have multiple moderators and avoid
> forcing them to coordinate between themselves as to which message they
> sent and which they didn't.
>
> My original idea was to have a single gmail account and have the
> moderators log into that one.  The problem though was that my current list
> requires customized headers.  No problem in pine but not really possible
> in gmail that I could see.
>
> Is there a decent way to solve this issue?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Chip

Are the moderators the only folks that can post to the list?  If so, you can have everyone subscribe to the list, set everyone to moderated except the moderators.  When a moderator sends a message from her subscribed account, it goes straight to the list.  The moderators will have the responsibility to take care of the admin queue which will gather up all the posts from moderated subscribers and non-subscribed folk.

Hugh