[lug] Mailman question

Kenneth D Weinert kenw at quarter-flash.com
Fri Oct 12 11:45:33 MDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-10-12 at 11:30 -0600, Chip Atkinson wrote:
> In the context of what you are suggesting, I guess only moderators can
> post to the list.  Everyone can post but their postings don't get sent out
> to the list until approved.

If you set the list to moderated then all subscribers start out
moderated. An admin/moderator can log in and change that status. But for
anyone moderated, you're correct - all posts are held until approved.

> Not having used mailman, I'm not really familiar with the interface.
> Guessing from your comment, it seems that there is a queue of messages for
> moderation.  If that's true then a moderator would take something off the
> queue and approve or reject it.  Another moderator would "visit" the queue
> and not see previously processed entries.
> Is this right?

Yes, that is correct. You can assign multiple moderators and when they
log in they'll see what's currently in the queue.

--
Ken Weinert
http://quarter-flash.com