[lug] Closet Cleaning

George Sexton gsexton at mhsoftware.com
Sat Oct 13 12:36:19 MDT 2007

I'm going through my stores cupboard and getting rid of things.

P III 700 w/ 768MB RAM, 80GB HD in Tower Case, openSuSE 10.3 Installed.
The case is really outstanding 5  CDROM Bays, and 8 3.5" Drive Bays.
This box has run Linux for years, and is ultra-stable.

P III 550 w /256MB RAM Windows XP Home (clean) Installed

1 SCSI DVD
2 SCSI CDROM
1 SCSI 4x4x16 CDRW
2 Floppy Drives
1 OrangeLink FireWire Board

The above items are all free, pick up in E Broomfield (136th & Zuni).

Also, I have a Linksys Wireless G Access point in Box, $40.

In addition, I have a 1U SuperMicro Rackmount for sale ($700).
Comparable new systems run around $1,400

1U SuperMicro Server 5015P-TRB w/ PDSMP-i Motherboard

3.2GHz Dual Core Pentium D CPU
2GB DDR2 RAM Expandable to 8GB
Two 200GB SATA Drive.
4 SATA Drive Bays
ICH7R RAID Controller Supporting Raid 0,1,5,10
Two 400W Hot Swappable Power Supplies
DVD & Floppy
2 Broadcom GB Ethernet Ports
ATI 8MB Video on Board