[lug] Embedded linux distro questions

Shakthi Kannan askshakthimaan at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 22:56:50 MDT 2007

Hi,

----- On 10/15/07, siegfried <siegfried at heintze.com> wrote:
| If I wanted to start an embedded project using an arm, mips
| or m68K, how would I go about finding which boards debian was designed to
| work with? Is there some mother board standard that the debian ports target
| that I am not aware of?
\--

Like how Debian has ports for embedded boards, there are embedded distros too.

http://www.openembedded.org/

You might also want to read "Building Embedded (GNU/)Linux Systems" by
Karim Yaghmour.

Other useful links:

ARMLinux at Simtec:
http://armlinux.simtec.co.uk/kautobuild/2.6.15-rc2/index.html

Hardware boards list:
http://free-electrons.com/community/hardware/boards

-----
| It seems like there should be a table on a web page somewhere on the
| internet that has columns of "processor", "mother board", "distro name",
| "distro URL", "motherboard URL" and rows for each processor.
\--

People use/develop based on what they need. Not everyone needs to work
on all processors/motherboards/distros.

Also refer:
http://elinux.org/Main_Page

Regards,