[lug] Moving from integrated to AGP video card

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Fri Oct 19 19:45:59 MDT 2007

Steve A Hart wrote:
[...]
> Also, you are using an NVIDIA card, make sure you download the latest
> NVIDIA accelerated graphics driver for your card.   To install the
> driver, boot into single user and run the NVIDIA script you downloaded.

If your distro has a way to install these drivers, use that instead of
what Nvidia has.  It'll be much less headache in the long run.

For example, I watched someone follow the above directions.  With X
running it complained that X had to be stopped.  In single user mode it
complained that it wanted to be in multi-user mode.

Then when installed it locked the box.  When removed X was borken until
it was reinstalled.

I'm sure a lot of that had to do with the board being used.  But apt-get
install is so much easier.

Dave