[lug] OT: got a spare dsl modem?

Robert Racansky robert.racansky at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 09:56:28 MDT 2007

On 10/22/07, Chris Riddoch <riddochc at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, folks.
>
> I seem to have killed my ~4-year-old DSL modem (Actiontec GT701-wg) by
> attempting what seemed like a perfectly reasonable firmware upgrade at
> the time.  Oops.
>
> Would anybody happen to have a spare (working) DSL modem they'd be
> willing to part with?  On the subject, has anybody tried using a dsl
> modem that isn't listed on Qwest's website?  Presumably, it would work
> fine so long as it supports pppoa correctly, but I'm curious whether
> anyone's tried and had good luck with alternatives.
>
> Thanks,

This happened to me this weekend also, when trying to upgrade from
firmware version 3.60.1.4.1-GT701-WG

Which version of the firmware did you have?

Using the "Firmware Recovery" option, rather than the "Firmware
Upgrade" option, fixed my problem (from Mac OS X).

The Recovery version is QW05.5-3.60.3.0.7.6-GT701-WG

http://www.qwest.com/internethelp/modems/index.html

http://www.qwest.com/internethelp/modems/gt701-wg/index.html